BIOS see wrong CPU

crx686

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Hi

I have a M4A79XTD EVO. with a AMD Athlon II X3 435 with 2 gigs of DDR3-1333 Patriot memory

I've been having problems with this motherboard. Just recently my computer keeps telling me that the over clock settings failed. I never set any over clock settings. So I went into the bios and reset to default settings, well when it restarted I notice it takes alot longer to do post and it says I have a Phenom II X4 B35. Which i don't have. I have a athlon x3 435 also in the post it says my DDR3-1333 unganged mode which i have no idea what that means. Its suppose to be in dual channel mode. Thats how i have the memory set up on the motherboard.If anyone can help me that would be great.

my BIOS REV. 2102

P.S. I'm trying to keep this motherboard going until i can afford a new motherboard. Thanks for any help.

Ben

crx686

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
I did clear the cmos. I also flashed the bios again. and nothing changed, i do know that when i unhook the computer from the wall for about a min and turn it back on, it tells me the correct CPU but when you restart it, it goes back telling me the wrong CPU. I'm kinda wondering if this is a CPU problem or a Motherboard problem?

TRENDING THREADS