can XP Pro install in 4G CF???

Hello all,

I ghost my XP Pro image into 4G CF to replace old HDD, but when XP boot ,
it just hang up at light blue screen(the screen before login screen),after I
press Ctrl+Alt+Del, I can go to OS, but when I check page file, is says
WindowsXP has problem make page file, no matter how I custom file and then
reboot XP, it still hang up at that screen and I have to press Ctrl+Alt+Del
to go to OS . ONLY AFTER I SET NO PAGE FILE, XP Pro can boot smoothly.

My question is the XP Pro hang up cause by small CF space(4G is to small to
run XP?) or CF can't have page file at all, can anybody help me? Thanks a
lot!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about install

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:16:19 -0700, embedded wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I ghost my XP Pro image into 4G CF to replace old HDD, but when XP boot ,
    > it just hang up at light blue screen(the screen before login screen),after I
    > press Ctrl+Alt+Del, I can go to OS, but when I check page file, is says
    > WindowsXP has problem make page file, no matter how I custom file and then
    > reboot XP, it still hang up at that screen and I have to press Ctrl+Alt+Del
    > to go to OS . ONLY AFTER I SET NO PAGE FILE, XP Pro can boot smoothly.
    >
    > My question is the XP Pro hang up cause by small CF space(4G is to small to
    > run XP?) or CF can't have page file at all, can anybody help me? Thanks a
    > lot!!!

    Most drive images are packed into an image file - they are not cloned
    copies of the source hard drive. In addition, booting XP from a removable
    hard drive is not supported. A few folks have had success booting a cloned
    copy but it's a fluke (and still not supported) if it works.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration 4G Windows XP