Upgrade to current system

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
So my Rig Right now sucks somewhat lol, single core processor and crap.... so i though hmm whynot get a whole new computer? or just buy a new motherboard and CPU so i though yea that'd be cheaper now im just wondering will the motherboard im getting support my old DDR2 Ram untill i get some new DDR3 ram? (motherboard= AM3)

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130295

CPU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103844

(i live in canada if that matters if you have better suggestions)

P.S. Oh yea if you recommend something my budget is under $200 combined so right now with shipping and everthing its like 180 (shipping included cannot go over 200)

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
I know that am2 and am2+ use ddr2 ram i was just wondering if ddr2 ram will work in an am3 uhh but i forgot to mention my PSU is only 250watts so i can't really get the best processor i don't think so i dunno know but i don't want to have to get a new psu right at the moment... but anyways my specs are

AMD Athlon 3800+ (single core)
ATI Radeon HD 4350
1gb RAM
160gb Harddisk (doesnt need upgraded)
Some Crap Motherboard by Acer

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
@Batuchka a couple problems with your thing is that motherboard is not mirco ATX and i dunno if it'll fit in my case (dont want to take chances) and yea i got everything sorted out i think im getting a cheap 1gb ddr3 ram just to start off, AMD Athlon II x2 250 (since it doesnt use alot of power) and a decent motherboard i think (im not the best with motherboards) and then i already have my Harddrive and GFX Card

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Approximate Purchase Date: Chirstmas Is When I'm Buying All This

Budget Range: $200 (including shipping)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, General Use and such

Parts Not Required: Keyboard,Mouse,Monitor,Speakers,OS,Harddrive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:Newegg.ca

Country of Origin: Canada

Parts Preferences: AMD CPU and mirco ATX motherboard

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Uhh its not needed

Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024

Additional Comments: All I Need Is A Motherboard, CPU and RAM

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
@zipzoomflyhigh uhh problem with the motherboard i don't want to take any chances of it not fitting so i don't want a ATX board i want a Mirco ATX Board, Unless Someone Can Tell me how to find out which is in my system right now then i'll be fine with that motherboard

Why is it so hard?
THe CPU-Z will tell you the mobo type...you will then be able to know its form factor...
google a bit can ya? enter your mobo type as key word.

BTW : just like batuchka, I also believe that your mobo is a mATX mobo.
hmmm....it seems that you must also replace your mobo to get the new proc running..if your mobo is the exact one like batuchka has posted.
As far as I know...there is no BIOS updates for that mobo to be able to support the AM3s.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
oh my god, look at the very first post i put a new motherboard link saying that was the new one i was gonna get are you ******* retarded, and what do you mean look on cpu for the mobo type i told you it was a goddamn em61sm/em61pm TWICE, now im just getting pissed off how about you read next time,