Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New PC

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
September 24, 2010 12:31:06 AM

Hey i was thinking about purchasing a new computer from ibuypower, the computer i was think about buy is below. I was wondering if this would be a good system for everyday uses and gaming?? and if there are any suggestions on something i should change.

Processor:
Intel® Core™ i7 950 Processor (4x 3.06GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

iBUYPOWER PowerDrive:
PowerDrive Level 2 - Up to 20% Overclocking

Memory:
6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1600 - Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 - 1GB - PALIT Sonic Platinum - Core: 800MHz - Single Card

Motherboard:
[SLI] ASUS Sabertooth X58

Power Supply:
700 Watt -- Standard

Primary Hard Drive:
1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive:
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

Sound Card:
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card:
Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) 64-bit

More about : question

September 24, 2010 2:13:50 AM

Yes it is a nice everyday gaming computer.
m
l

Best solution

September 24, 2010 3:01:13 AM

Your broad choices are good, but one comment. I have a Cyberpower (the same company as ibuypower) and it came with a very crappy standard PSU that I had to replace with a Corsair. Were I you, I would either plan to replace it or bump up to a better branded PSU for this build. The PSU is the last place you should cheap out.

Edit* I didnt HAVE to replace it--it was still working ok, but before installing a better graphics card I opted not to trust the lightweight PSU that sometimes made rattling noises when my comp sat at the wrong angle. Aside from that, the computer was decent quality--easily as good as a major vendor.
Anonymous
October 10, 2010 8:22:44 PM

Best answer selected by mottongaba.
m
l
!