Sign in with
Your question

CoolerMaster RC310 Elite Standard PSU?

Last response: in Components
December 18, 2010 11:34:30 PM

I'm currently planning my first custom build with a budget of around $550, and I'm pretty sure of what parts I'm getting, except for the case/PSU.

I recently changed to a CoolerMaster RC310 Elite for my case, (http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6528) which comes with a PSU. I haven't been able to actually find any information on what PSU that is, and that's what I'm asking about. Does anyone know which PSU is included, and/or what kind of wattage I would get from it?

I've heard (or read) a lot of stuff about a bad or unreliable PSU causing damage to other parts of the computer, so I just want to be completely sure before I buy.

Thanks in advance guys.
a b ) Power supply
December 19, 2010 3:05:43 PM

I checked that case and ps last week at frys, when it was on sale for $29.99 after rebate. I believe the ps had 16 or 17 amps on a single 12v rail. You're basically getting this ps for free, so try it. Save for an antec, seasonic, corsair, enermax, or ocz with 550-750w if you want to use a high end video card.
December 20, 2010 2:17:27 AM

I'm not really planning on doing anything too extreme yet, I'm only using a Geforce GT240 in terms of video card, so while I might look at upgrading it in a couple of years, I don't really need anything that good for my PSU yet.

I will give it a go, as long as nobody has actually had any bad experiences with it. Still, does anyone know exactly which PSU is included with the case?
!