4x (MSI P55-GD65 USB3)
4x (Core i3-530 Clarkdale)[LGA1156][Dual Core][2.93GHz]
4x (ATI Radeon HD 4550)[[512MB] 64-bit GDDR3][1xDVI port][PCI-e 2.0 x16]
8x (G.Skill Ram)[4GB[2x2GB][DDR3 1333][PC3 10666]
2x (G.Skill Phoenix)[2.5"][Sata 2][60GB][SSD]
6x (WD Scorpio Black)[2.5"][Sata 2][160GB][7200rpm]
4x (Rosewill Green )430watts
------------------Total: $2,600.00---------------------------------------

The Cluster would be set up on a custom built chassis.

Will buildign a Cluster give me more or less than the Dual Quad Xeon ServeR?

tell me what you think?

More about : cluster server server

September 24, 2010 12:13:59 PM

^ If a cluster server would be more advantageous than a Dual Xeon server that you have come up with would totally depend on the type of tasks or work that you want to do and the tools that you will be using...
September 27, 2010 9:40:03 PM

gkay09 said:
^ If a cluster server would be more advantageous than a Dual Xeon server that you have come up with would totally depend on the type of tasks or work that you want to do and the tools that you will be using...

Will what i want to use this cluster is for high powered virtual machines with unique IPs and kinda of like a home-brew network. that all Cores can be accessed into the master node which would be a separate hardware configuration.

I never hav built a cluster before so this will be a learning experience for me . i know the concept of how one works and i have good resoures on how to configure one. (maybe i want to try it on some my old hardware).. than buy the hardware for the my "Project".

Pros : Dual Xeon Quads
Faster Ram, Energy Saving, Stability, Awesome GPU,

Pros : Quad i3 Duals
More Ram, Price, More Wattage Deliverance, Faster SSD, More of a Learning Experience

They both have 8 cores. and GHz would just about equalize cause wouldnt you lose some performance from having a gateway tho each cpu? or would it the cluster be Faster cause would it actually process the data at a higher GHz rate tho the "Gate Way" (Cat5e Cable) than come tho the next CPU until it reaches the master? hmmm i wish i had $7000 to spare for testing to see who would surpasses. acttaly i would image that if i made a 5 ft long Cat5e RJ45 in to 5x 12" Cat5e cables and connect the Mobos together the data will be transfer faster tho to each other and have a short amount a time to get tho the next "Bus" hmm but that would still down the time.... so i don't know ...would it be faster or close to equal processing time to a single 8 core system?

found out with aprox $390 more i can build a cluster with 4x AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz (24 cores Total!)

could i have 1 Cross Fire compatible GPU on each Mobo and hook up them up with Cross fire connection and have it work? they would be power sprightly... and i would image that the 4 nodes would have to be completely identical to the master node as far as BIOs goes and Firmware... am i right?

!