Getting a new 24" LCD =D help?

gerardb

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Well hello!
As the tittle says, im going to buy a new 24" lcd. Right now i have a W2408H from hp, and it's been an AMAZING LCD so far :D
A friend of mine is going to buy it from me since he always loved it, sooo, im looking for something new =)
Well, i didn't use the pivot function a lot, but it was cool to rotate it from time to time. The USB hub was nice, and well, i liked it a lot.
One of the problems i had with the HP was the light bleeding, specially when a dark image showed.
Anyhow, what i have in mind right now is this Samsung BX2450 LED backlid LCD.
It looks VERY NICE!!! its super thin, 2ms responce time, full 1080p, sound i guess? and well, it looks like a very solid buy!
I want to spend somewhere around $350 and the samsung is $340 with free shipping.
now, here is my question, is there anything better i sould be looking for? or should i keep my lcd? or you think there is anotherone out there that is better.
PLZ! help :cry:
Thank you!!!! :D

Samsung monitors have color bleeding more apparent when compared to any other models.. I'd recommend you to stay put with your current monitor.. There are no compelling reasons to go for a LED monitor.. They are better compared to the standard LCD monitors just on the account of more power saving..

gerardb

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010

ohhh, could you explain color bleeding? I've never seen that one before :??:
mmm... well, i basically wont spend more than $50 for the upgrade tho...

Bleeding normally occurs with LCD monitors wherein the image(s) look washed out and/or sort of blurry.. This is evident predominantly when viewing dark scenes (blacks).. Occurs due to uneven timing of the backlight turn ON and OFF.. You might notice it in the form of blacks not looking black absolutely but sort of dark grey.. In extreme color bleeding scenarios, the colors look washed out and distorted.. Such problems sometimes can be handled by caliberating the monitor properly.. However, its more of a panel characteristic.. TN panels exhibit them more compared to PVA or IPS panels..

Getting to your basic query, for a 50$ upgrade i guess its worth it..