Sign in with
Your question

AMD Phenom II X6 1050T vs Intle Core i5 760

Last response: in CPUs
December 19, 2010 1:55:02 PM

Ok guys, I know that I'm not the first one who posted this question, and I read a lot of reviews on this two processors, but I still can't find my solution.
So I'm buying a new PC. I primary use my PC for video editing in applications like Adobe After Effects CS5, Adobe Premiere CS5, Adobe Photoshop CS5,3ds Max and others.
Also I sometimes play games but not very often. And maybe I will overclock my CPU.
So, please if someone can tell me what CPU is better: Intel Core i5 760 or AMD Phenom II X6 1050T.Also if you can tell me difference between these processors with and without overclocking.
Thank you!! :) 
a c 131 à CPUs
December 19, 2010 2:05:34 PM

The difference:
-the core i5 is faster per core. each core is more capable than that of a phenom II core
-the core i5 has been proven to overclock further in most cases but even if they overclock the same, the i5 is faster at a lower frequency
-the phenom IIx6 has 6 cores as opposed to the i5 which has 4 cores.

You need to determine yourself if you would make better use of 6 slower cores or 4 faster cores. To me, your uses seem to indicate that you should lean towards the x6, because you can make use of the extra 2 cores. Gaming will make better use of the i5.

I would also like to ask what the rest of your system setup is intended to be?
December 19, 2010 2:25:12 PM

Thank you for help! And for the rest of my setup there is no simple answer. I thought something like this:
Motherboard: if it a Intel processor than the motherboard will be : P7P55D or P7P55D Deluxe
For AMD processor i don't know some good motherboard since I am using Intel now.
Graphich: Since this PC shouldn't be too expensive I thought something like Nvidia GTX 260 or, less possible, GTA 285
Hard Drive: some 500 gigs drive
Power: 650 or 750 W PS
Rest of the components I will use for my old PC!
Once again thank you for your help !And sorry for my bed English
Related resources
a c 131 à CPUs
December 19, 2010 2:34:29 PM

No problem. Your english is great.

I like the looks of the setup. The GTX260 will be the limiting factor in any gaming, not matter which CPU you choose. It should be sufficient though. But from my limited understanding, it should be excellent for any GPU acceleration. Though, you might want to look into a newer generation GTS450 for a similar price.

For the power supply, you could go lower if you get a good brand. Something like a 500W corsair should do.

For your uses I would recommend 8GB or RAM.
December 19, 2010 2:39:07 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Finally someone who knows! Thank you for your help I'm really glad that you helped me!!!! :) 
a c 81 à CPUs
December 19, 2010 4:19:07 PM

If you are gonna work with adobe apps predominantly, i'll recommend going for the i5.. Intel processors perform better in adobe apps compared to their AMD counterparts..
August 26, 2012 6:37:09 AM

cube069 said:
Ok guys, I know that I'm not the first one who posted this question, and I read a lot of reviews on this two processors, but I still can't find my solution.
So I'm buying a new PC. I primary use my PC for video editing in applications like Adobe After Effects CS5, Adobe Premiere CS5, Adobe Photoshop CS5,3ds Max and others.
Also I sometimes play games but not very often. And maybe I will overclock my CPU.
So, please if someone can tell me what CPU is better: Intel Core i5 760 or AMD Phenom II X6 1050T.Also if you can tell me difference between these processors with and without overclocking.
Thank you!! :) 

AMD is best processor than INTEL I have 1050T AMD processor.My sugation that buy an AMD 1050T processor
a c 185 à CPUs
August 26, 2012 6:59:58 AM

balochwarna said:
AMD is best processor than INTEL I have 1050T AMD processor.My sugation that buy an AMD 1050T processor

[:lutfij:2]
a c 471 à CPUs
August 26, 2012 1:32:13 PM

So... balochwarna,

Your 1st post in this forum is to resurrect a thread which ended back in Dec 20, 2010?
!