Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard is shutting down video and usb...please help!!

Last response: in Motherboards
August 15, 2011 10:18:31 PM

I have the MSI 890FXA-GD65 AM3 AMD which after a bit of use at one time (id say about an hour) The monitor will black out, and everything that works off USB immediatly goes out. The computer stays on and continues to run as usually, my character on my game seems to stay there my friend said until i flip the switch and turn the comp off. The fans and lights continue to run and the button on the top does not power it down, only the power supply switch.
Other components are
- HIS H695F2G2M Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
-ORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

Please help! MSI wont even just replace it, they want to see it first and leave me without my computer for 3 weeks, if no one else knows what to do i will RMA it, but i feel like there has to be something causeing it. I stress tested the video card and it did fine, and the power supply doesnt seem to be an issue either, but im willing to run tests or review event logs. Any and all ideas are welcomed! Thanks :D !!!

August 15, 2011 11:06:17 PM

I have no idea how to do that
August 26, 2011 7:18:04 PM

Fixed it myself, kinda disappointing no one gave any advice what so ever. I flashed the BIOS up and so far after 3 days no random crashes. Thanks me :D 
!