What is Explorer doing at startup?

When I boot my system, I experience some huge hard disk activity. If I look
at processes, I can easily see that the responsible is Windows Explorer. But
what Explorer is doing and why? It may lenghten startup by 5 minutes too. Is
there a way to know WHO is doing WHAT in my PC?

--
Dario de Judicibus - Rome, Italy (EU)
Site: http://www.dejudicibus.it

    "" wrote:
    > When I boot my system, I experience some huge hard disk
    > activity. If I look
    > at processes, I can easily see that the responsible is Windows
    > Explorer. But
    > what Explorer is doing and why? It may lenghten startup by 5
    > minutes too. Is
    > there a way to know WHO is doing WHAT in my PC?
    >
    > --
    > Dario de Judicibus - Rome, Italy (EU)
    > Site: http://www.dejudicibus.it
    > Blog: http://lindipendente.splinder.com

    Have you been using intenret explorer to access the internet?

    If the answer is yes then your computer is most likly infected with
    some form of malware, do virus scans (if you dont have a virus
    scanner, use antivir) then download and scan with spybot. I also
    highly recomend you stop using internet explorer, it is dangerus
    border line stupid to use intneret explorer to access the internet,
    there are several alternative web browsers avalable.

    AntiVir: http://www.free-av.com/
    Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    Web Browser reviews:
    http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/starthere/browserreview.html#reviews

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Explorer-startup-ftopict407068.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1350292

    "Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    | Have you been using intenret explorer to access the internet?

    I use both IE and Firefox. But I do not think I have any malware. No attempt
    is done to access any port. I have firewall, anti-virus, ad-aware and
    variour anti-spyware tools. I regularly check my system. I suspect is some
    freeware that start some indexing... Maybe the Free launch Bar. Any idea how
    to verify that? Any "debug" tool around?

    DdJ

    "Dario de Judicibus" <NOSPAM.dejudicibus@geocities.com> wrote in message

    > "Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > | Have you been using intenret explorer to access the internet?
    >
    > I use both IE and Firefox. But I do not think I have any malware. No
    > attempt
    > is done to access any port. I have firewall, anti-virus, ad-aware and
    > variour anti-spyware tools. I regularly check my system. I suspect is some
    > freeware that start some indexing... Maybe the Free launch Bar. Any idea
    > how
    > to verify that? Any "debug" tool around?
    >
    > DdJ

    Free launch Bar? If you've got some sort of freeware toolbar installed, then
    you most likely got spyware of some sort. I've never seen a free toolbar
    that didn't come with free spyware.

    In news:3lvgcnF14d4dkU1@individual.net,
    D.Currie <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> typed:

    > Free launch Bar? If you've got some sort of freeware toolbar
    > installed, then you most likely got spyware of some sort. I've
    > never
    > seen a free toolbar that didn't come with free spyware.

    Never? Take a look at Dave's Quick Search Toolbar and Desktop
    Sidebar. Both are free and neither comes with spware.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > In news:3lvgcnF14d4dkU1@individual.net,
    > D.Currie <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> typed:
    >
    >> Free launch Bar? If you've got some sort of freeware toolbar
    >> installed, then you most likely got spyware of some sort. I've never
    >> seen a free toolbar that didn't come with free spyware.
    >

    > Never? Take a look at Dave's Quick Search Toolbar and Desktop Sidebar.
    > Both are free and neither comes with spware.

    Well, that's one I've never seen, for sure. I don't see a lot of use for
    extra toolbars, myself.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

    | Free launch Bar? If you've got some sort of freeware toolbar installed,
    then
    | you most likely got spyware of some sort. I've never seen a free toolbar
    | that didn't come with free spyware.

    I think this one is "clean": http://www.freelaunchbar.com/
    I am a freeware developer and I have no malware o spyware in my software.
    Not all freeware software are Trojan Horses.

    DdJ

Configuration Explorer Windows XP