Peculiar situation, peculiar card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelphegor

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I am going to build an all new comp for FFXIV, but i'm on a budget. Thankfully Tom has an excellent build in my price range already! http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-gpu-overclock,2659.html

I won't need a dvd drive or hard drive, so i can save a little there. My question is what card should I get? I was thinking of getting:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127495
instead of the one in the build. But then I realized that I would have to buy a new monitor. Reason being the peculiar situation I am in.

I use a tv with only an S-video hook up. I do this because I am able to sit on my lovesac and play games for hours quite comfortably, versus having a real monitor and sitting in an uncomfortable chair. Is there a card that is better than the one in the build given that would have s-video? I can spend about 100-150 on the card. I really hope there is since a new monitor would be expensive.

Also, and this may be a deal breaker for me, I used to be able to put my resolution to all sorts of different sizes, but when I reformated recently It only gives me two options 800x600 or 1024x768.

FFXIV will need me to at least have 1280 x 720. Yes I have the most up to date drivers. When i go to nvidia control panel there is a section that shows I am using a TV with svideo cable, and only gives me the drop down selection of those two resolutions. But I know for a fact that I had it in varied resolutions b4 the reformat. What am I missing?

beelphegor

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Well i'm not sure what to do now. I just found out that there is another tv with hdmi (i have dvi to hdmi cables) that I could use. I was told to try and make this s-video thing to work first though. So... I'm going to make another thread that is specifivly targeted at my previous question about resolutions.
Go ahead and close this one mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.