Regarding Fan mods for HAF 932..

bushysmalls

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
I've picked up a HAF 932 case for my upcoming build and intend to put in an H50 or similar to cool the CPU, but I want to attach it to the top and take off the 230mm fan to add 1/2 extra 120mm fans up there with the H50 so I can leave the Exhaust fan in the back pulling warm air out.

I've noticed several builds where people have mounted fans in the area by the 5.25" bays pushing air over the memory and CPU towards the back of the case but I haven't found any images or info on how they're installed. Glue? Velcro? Positioning? How would I place an extra fan to pull air in thru the 5.25 screens for some extra air flow?

I've read a few reviews now where the H50 fan has been used as an exhaust fan with only a minimul performance differance. Keeping the large top exhaust fan would be a good idea I think.

You should also have plenty of airflow from the 932's front 230mm intake fan to keep the inside of the case cool. I think a lot of these mods are done with older cases or when the case isn't cooling sufficiantly.

If I was you I'd set it all up how it comes and monitor your temps, you may find that all is good. :)

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
What I did : Took off the back 140mm, installed my Cool it Eco in the back.
Installed the 140 mm removed from the back and Squeezed it right under my dvd drive stuck, it just can't move from there, no tape nothing, just pressure :)
Pretty awesome IMO.
Next what I did, I bought 4 120 mm fans, and removed the side panel 230mm and replaced it by the 4 fans.
The 4 fans are powered by a 4 channel fan controller which is awesome, low it's silent, and when I game the graphic card fan pumps up so I max the 4 side fans so I don't see any difference in noise, but a good difference in temps.

It very silent, the only thing I'd change is my 5850 rad, it's kinda noisy(the stock one) which sucks.
I heard the zalman one was way cooler and less noise so I might give it a try when my cards warrranty is over :)

bushysmalls

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
I think the 140mm under the DVD drive helps because it's pulling air thru the 5.25 bays and probably piggy backing some of the air from the 230mm spilling up in to the case redirecting it on to the RAM slots better

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
It's the same position as the front 230mm, sorry for the missleading text I wrote :)
It's an intake basicly right in front, and it's quieter with the fan controller, maxed I'm pretty sure it's a little bit more noisy but it rocks :)

Haf 932 is the case I choosed over twelve hundred :)

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
And I'm definately looking forward for that aftermarket cooler, but as an idiot, I bought a 2 years warranty :-/
It was on sale for 45$ I said why not :p
I'm still 100% satisfied of my 5850 tho.
I used to overclock it but there is no real gain, only a few fps so I just leave it stock :)

No worries, I understand the piggyback now then. :D I'm liking the HAF-X.

@bushy, I still think you should try it with default 1st to check temps before modding. [:bohleyk:1]