Win 7 x64 Blue Screen - Physical Memory Dump

1994techguy

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I have a Win 7 x64 Ultimate. Computer is only 1 year old. I have 4gb of DDR3 RAM and a Radeon HD 5770 GPU
Just updated my video card drivers.

Whenever I am doing something graphically intense I get a Blue Screen telling me physical memory dump. Unfortunately it only stays there for 3 seconds before restarting, so I can't really obtain too much info.

I have scanned for viruses and done various test on my hardware and all comes out to be clean or in working order.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Solution
Hi 1994techguy,
How are you updating the drivers? Through steam, ATI/AMD directly, through windows, PC gamer CD?
Try through steam (if you have it) but first uninstall the driver then reinstall, worked with me when my driver wasn't fully installed (or corrupted not sure which it was)

SpazldNinjaDude

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hi 1994techguy,
How are you updating the drivers? Through steam, ATI/AMD directly, through windows, PC gamer CD?
Try through steam (if you have it) but first uninstall the driver then reinstall, worked with me when my driver wasn't fully installed (or corrupted not sure which it was)

Solution
Before you do anything, you need to do this:

1) update the BIOS for your motherboard if required

2) download and run MEMTEST or reboot using the included Memory Test.

*BIOS updates often include details for RAM timings. If your RAM is not recognized then the motherboard assigns default timings which sometimes are not completely stable.