Sign in with
Your question

Bfg sucks

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2010 11:02:17 PM

Hello,
I just got a RMA back from BFG. It was the same card I sent them with the same problem uncorrected. All they had to do was send me a known good or a new stock card. They did not. I will not pay postage again to send it back. I heard they are leaving the video card business anyway. Good riddance

More about : bfg sucks

a c 235 U Graphics card
August 13, 2010 11:15:57 PM

what was the problem?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 172 U Graphics card
August 14, 2010 7:27:56 PM

Warranty wise yes they suck ass and even with proof of purchase they still deny people like they have done me even on the day of purchase. Second only with a few retailers do they even bother to maintain any warranty at all. In short don't buy from them expecting any thing more than what is in the box.
a b U Graphics card
August 14, 2010 9:07:51 PM

Which is why I pay little attention to "limited lifetime warranties". A couple of years is fine and even then I anticipate hassles and expense (shipping) to get some sort of satisfaction. Even EVGA (know for its great warranty) caused me a couple months grief over an RMA.
a c 172 U Graphics card
August 14, 2010 9:56:50 PM

jeffredo said:
Which is why I pay little attention to "limited lifetime warranties". A couple of years is fine and even then I anticipate hassles and expense (shipping) to get some sort of satisfaction. Even EVGA (know for its great warranty) caused me a couple months grief over an RMA.

The only trouble free RMA that I ever had was with XFX over a 780i.
a c 140 U Graphics card
August 15, 2010 1:56:58 AM

Quote:
Hello,
I just got a RMA back from BFG. It was the same card I sent them with the same problem uncorrected. All they had to do was send me a known good or a new stock card. They did not. I will not pay postage again to send it back. I heard they are leaving the video card business anyway. Good riddance

I had the same thing with Asus, twice. They paid for the shipping the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time. I even explained to them what I did to test and they still sent it back. I kept calling them and having it sent back. I was very nice to them and they were as well. The one individual basically said they run it through a proprietary "test" and then run 3d mark on it. I didn't have issues except in certain games when it hit certain temps. They finally conceded and sent me a replacement. Which has a defective fan. Took a 4th RMA to get it right, although they upgraded my card in the process so in the end I was ok with it. Still was a pain as it took 2 months through all the crap. I would be calling them and on them about it. Do some troubleshooting on your own and let them know what you did. I had a buy tell me "oh the higher end cards take a little tweaking to get right". I had to tell him NO it should work right out of the box. Im assuming BFG is probably similar in this manor.
!