UT Party

Number one son is twelve and his birthday party for 15-20 of them is a
LAN party at the local cybercafe. UT of course but 2003 rather than
2004 as they don't have enough copies.

I'd thought we'd start off with deathmatch as an easy start
(apparently not everyone on Earth has played UT). Deck 16 seems the
obvious candidate.

I fancied the idea of bombing run for a bit of murder and mayhem,
probably with Anubis.

Then we could switch to CTF levels, Geothermal may be a good start.

He did a similar thing last year with the old UT and it went very
well. Probably ought to turn the naughty words off for the sake of the
parents!
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

Julian Richards wrote:
> Number one son is twelve and his birthday party for 15-20 of them is a
> LAN party at the local cybercafe. UT of course but 2003 rather than
> 2004 as they don't have enough copies.
>
> I'd thought we'd start off with deathmatch as an easy start
> (apparently not everyone on Earth has played UT). Deck 16 seems the
> obvious candidate.
>
> I fancied the idea of bombing run for a bit of murder and mayhem,
> probably with Anubis.
>
> Then we could switch to CTF levels, Geothermal may be a good start.
>
> He did a similar thing last year with the old UT and it went very
> well. Probably ought to turn the naughty words off for the sake of the
> parents!

Definitely.

Sounds like fun. Can I come? I'm 12. I should warn you in advance,
though, that I've got glandular problems, so it's going to *look* like
I'm like 38, or something.

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:39:34 GMT, Ari Rankum
<Ari_Rankum@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Sounds like fun. Can I come? I'm 12. I should warn you in advance,
>though, that I've got glandular problems, so it's going to *look* like
>I'm like 38, or something.

Last time, the least experienced was a girl who was being tormented
by some of the boys sniping in the opposite tower of Facing Worlds. A
quick word as to what the Redeemer was sorted that out.