No video/POST, beeps before GPU, tried w. 2 different GPUs verified to

G

After having problems with a new build, I replaced the motherboard and rebuilt the system, which worked for a day, and is now having the same problem as the original build.

About a week ago, I built a system which worked fine, using an old case, old PSU, and old graphics card. When my new graphics card came in, I also purchased a new case (Antec 300) and a new PSU (Corsair GS 700w.) When I put the setup in the new case w. the new psu, it would not POST. Since all my fans were spinning and I was getting no system beeps, I assumed it was the motherboard, and purchased a new one.

I re-built the system on the new motherboard, in the Antec case w. the Corsair PSU. Everything worked fine for about a day. I updated the BIOS (through a Gigabyte tool) and restarted. Everything worked for approximately 10 more minutes, and then the monitor went blank. I restarted the system, which leaves me at the current point.

System will beep if there's no RAM, or if there's RAM and a video card, but will not beep at all with both RAM and a video card inserted. I verified both video cards as working in another system.

I have taken the motherboard out of the case, attached it to two seperate power supplies (one of which is confirmed to work on another system,) tried with two different sticks of RAM. I went through the guide thoroughly during both attempted rebuilds, and am pretty much at my wit's end.

Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3
CPU: intel i7 870 (stock cooler)
RAM: 2 x3bg DDR3 1333
Video Card: eVGA GTX460/ 8800 GTS
PSU: Corsair GS700w / Antec earthwatts 500w

G

It tested good, and the voltages were fine when I checked the BIOS while the computer was still running. Just seems like a weird string of luck, two bad motherboards back to back. Hopefully I won't run into the problem for a third time. To be safe I'm going to use the older PSU which I had no previous problems with.

d1rtyju1c3

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
Never update the bios through the OS alway update through the bios with floppy or usb drive. Try clearing the bios if that dont work and you can get to the bios try to update the bios again through Q-flash. Read the manual pg 68-70. Just because it is a dual bios board doesnt mean the second bios is good.