UT 2004 surround sound??

I've been trying to find the answer for this for several weeks now, with no
luck....

Does UT 2004 support "surround sound?" I know it supports creative's EAX and
3D audio (whatever that is) but will I hear gunfire in my surround speakers
when someone is shooting me from behind? With EAX enabled, I get sound from
my back speakers, but it sounds like it's just emulating the sound from my
front speakers creating a "false" surround sound.

I have an Audigy 2 sound card and Logitech 5300 5.1 speakers. DVD audio
(movies and music) plays fine in 5.1 so I know my connections are correct.

Thanks,
Todd K

3D Audio is what you're thinking of as surround sound. So long as your
Audigy is set to 5.1 (use the Speaker panel in Audio HQ) you should get 3D
positional audio (surround).

I have 5.1 speakers and the Audigy 1 and I'm loving the 3D sound in this
game.

It is set to 5.1, and I DO hear sound from the rear speakers, but it's
definitley not surround. For example, if I go near a waterfall and turn my
back to it, the sound coming out of the rear speakers is equal to the sound
coming out of the front.

I've called Creative Labs on this and they were of no help. They just told
me to reinstall the software...(Thanks, Creative. I never would have thought
of doing that!!?) Anyway, I noticed in the Audio HQ control panel, I can't
even get the THX test to work. All of the test noise comes out of the front
speakers only. DVD movies play fine with 5.1 surround using PowerDVD, and
DVD Audio plays fine through Creative's player. I just can't get the
surround tests to work. When I asked Creative about the THX test, the tech
(after putting me on hold 10 times) told me that THX isn't supposed to work
and that he didn't know what "they" put "that" in there?? Huh??

Sorry for venting.....
Todd K

"Tweek" <noway@jose.com> wrote in message
> 3D Audio is what you're thinking of as surround sound. So long as your
> Audigy is set to 5.1 (use the Speaker panel in Audio HQ) you should get 3D
> positional audio (surround).
>
> I have 5.1 speakers and the Audigy 1 and I'm loving the 3D sound in this
> game.

Have you checked your wiring? Honestly. Unplug all the speakers from the
Subwoofer/amp, check which speaker belongs to which wire, and plug them back
in.... at least try it. Maybe you have it crossed so that one of the rears
is in front of you and one is in back... this would explain why you always
hear sounds that are supposed to be coming from only behind you out of both
fronts and rear speaker.

You don't by any chance have the speakers set to "digital output only" in
the control panel? By THX test, I assume you mean the Test from the Creative
control panel that plays a sound through each speaker, one-by-one? What
happens if you play the THX test that comes on a 5.1 DVD? You say it plays
correctly but have you tested it that way?

:
[...]
: >