Going back to hdd

boldriter

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I've had NO LUCK with my 2 SSD purchases. I ordered #1 and then was back-ordered for what ended up being, 6 weeks. I know what you think, CANCEL the damn thing. Well there was drama going on at the time and I just plain forgot/blew it off. During the forgot/blew it off period I purchased #2 at a regional major retailer, that I won't mention,installed it and 2 weeks in,
it wouldn't boot or be seen for that matter. When I opened the hot swap bay it was in, I smelled electric burn. I was in the RMA (damn it!) stage when finally the original #1 SSD I ordered (6 weeks before) showed up. In it went, added system, booted up and will now BSOD everytime the Welcome Music plays in my not mentioned system. I keep falling back onto my HDD, (system is multi boot) and I realized something my Dad used to say. "Boy, you hit yourself on the head with a hammer 'cause it feels so good when you stop!"
I'm going to remain a loyal fan and user of mechanical devices which have proven, it takes time to be almost perfect. If any SSD ever achieves the ability to even mimic the mechanical reliabilty (from years of design and engineering) like a HDD then I will be placing my order ASAP; after all, waiting 6 weeks was not the SSD's fault.

boldriter

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Thermaltake Level 10 Series Level 10 GTS Black
ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6
AMD A10-5800K
Discreet AMD Radeon HD 6770
G.SKILL 16GB (4 x 4GB) Ripjaws X DDR3 1333
Ultra X4 750-Watt Full Modular PSU V2
ASUS Blue Ray Player
LG 24X DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe
Windows 7 Home 64-bit

For every single person who thinks like you do, there are s thousand (or more) that will disagree completely. Been using SSD's for nearly 2 years now, in several systems, simply would not own PC this day in age without one. Sounds like simply a bit of bad luck, or perhaps a bad install?

boldriter

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
My wife is sure it's bad luck. Had a string of it lately. I think it was bad choices in the ones I bought and the retailers I bought from. I went with Kingston 120G igs and both were SATA II 3GB/s. Going to retry with Samsung as soon as funds allow. SATA III 6GB/s 256 gig this time too.