Sign in with
Your question

1000AMD build

Last response: in Systems
September 25, 2010 3:28:46 AM

Hello :) 

In about a month's time I plan on building a computer from scratch. One designed to play games on max settings with no hiccups or worries. After reading up a bit and picking parts I've concluded on a few, left some out particularly because I don't know what goes best with what. So here are the parts I have laid out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchase Date - 1 month

Budget Range - $1000. lower is, of course, better.

Usage - Gaming, heavy gaming. From Popular MMoRPGS to FPS.

Parts not Required = Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, OS, Speakers.

Preferred Websites - Newegg. Though a Microcenter is about a 2hour long drive away.

Country- USA

Parts Preference - AMD CPU and NIvidia GPU

Overclocking - Slight overclocking, might do more depending on success

Additional Comments - Already have a custom built Midtower to house everything with copious amounts of airflow inside, so I do not believe heat to be an issue. Also a small SSD for the OS and World of Warcraft would be nice.

I also run 2 monitors. 1 24' LCD for gaming and 1 20' for chatting/browsing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly I'd like to SLI these cards: (2x GTX460 1g) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Secondly I'd prefer my CPU to be an Athlon Phenom II X4 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Those are the pieces I've decided (not 100% yet) to acquire. This leaves me with needing a Mobo that can support SLI and a PSU to help power everything. I'm also not sure if 6gigs of RAM is necessarily better than 4gigs, but I'm sure someone round here does. Reliable Optical Drive too is needed.

Warning! I'm not tech savvy when it comes to computer parts, so saying thinks like X is better than Y and leaving no explanation would leave me more confused than ever. But I do appreciate the time and effort in helping me. Thank You!

More about : 1000amd build

September 25, 2010 4:49:51 AM

Hmm.. that's not gonna work out too good.. go with AMD Radeon graphics cards.

But why Mr. Pizza?
Well you see, new AMD board's do not support SLI. You would have to get a much older motherboard with an NVIDIA chipset.. go with AMD Radeon or get an i5..
m
l
September 25, 2010 6:50:30 AM

HD 6K is very very near so i wouldn't CF or SLI to be honest so if u could wait it out a wee bit longer then do so alternatively get a working rig on 880G IGP mobo 1st and await availability/pricing on the incoming GPUs ^^
m
l
September 25, 2010 12:12:42 PM

So i'll have to go Radeon or grab an i5/i7. What would you suggest I pick up then?
m
l
!