Hey There, I'm looking for opinions on my new build. My budget is $1000. I'm not talking "everything but the Monitor". I mean all the hardware (aside from peripherals). I don't understand why people don't include a monitor in a new build btw...$1000 no monitor/operating system is...NOT a budget build IMO. That's pretty upper middle.
Here's what I'm looking at.
I based my decisions on the following
1. This website's articles about recent video cards/CPU bottle necking
2. Benchmark scores
3. Combo prices and deals on newegg.
I'm aiming to spend around $1000 and get the most bang for my buck.
My questions for all of you are...
1. Am I bottlenecking myself somewhere?
2. Is it worth it to buy this Video card? According to benchmark tests The 5850 does considerably better than the 5770 (which is $100 cheaper), and not much worse than the 5870 ($100 more expensive). Here's the link http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
3. Is this system going to play all the new games well? and pretty? Is SLI necessary? I'm seen people posting on that "1000 dollar rig" with 2 GTX 460's that are 190 bucks each. That would require a Mobo change (to 2 pci slots at 16x), and another $100 for the video card. As well as probably a stronger PSU...so I'm trying to avoid that.
4. Any suggestions on what I should do? Consider necessary or somewhere I could cut down more?