Solved

Added a second ssd how to config please

Hello,
I just added a second ssd to my puter and I CAN see it in my device manager but not under my computer.

1. How to name the drive/ see it under MYComputer?

2. Oh is there a way also to name the drive then what the factory names them? I have two of the same SSD's and it could become confusing down the road if I were to need to cipher which is which via device manager...

I know it is some little step I did not do please advise thanks
Netcommercial
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about added config please
  1. Best answer
    You need format it under "disk manager" before the PC will "see" it. You can name it like N-Newdrive, S-Storage, or B-backup.

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows-vista/Create-and-format-a-hard-disk-partition
  2. Best answer selected by netcommercial.
  3. Cin19, Thank you. Best Answer.
    I formatted it, That was the correct thing to do, No?
    I am going to use it primarily for a storage/scratch drive. Although I am going to install my Magix Audio Studio on it, as the music adds up, as do my video projects. But for a scratch disc for Adobe to use and will be installing some programs / software on that drive, it was wise beneficial to format it...Correct?
    Thanks again
    Netcommecial
  4. For storage/scratch drive, you don't need add the software at all. In photoshop you just do assigning scratch disks. But I don't know the video editing software.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Configuration Device Manager Storage