Help in choosing a motherboard for an i5 2500k

zyric83

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Looking at building a new system and using the Intel i5 2500k. My only question is what motherboard should I pair it with. I will be using the system for gaming primarily and plan on running a dual card setup.

I have been looking at 3 ASRock boards and was wondering if you all could help me pick, or suggest a better board.

Currently:
ASRock Fatal1ty P67
ASRock Fatal1ty Z68
ASRock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68

Thanks in advance for your help.

BE4TNUT

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
At the time that abekl posted, but ASRock Fatal1ty Gen3 Professional Z68 was the newest motherboard on the market from the ASRock series available in the US. Last night the ASRock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68 (Not ASRock Gen7 Z68) became available in the US on Newegg. I just ordered the Extreme7 Gen3 myself because it has the features that I am looking for.

What is the computer going to be used for and what features are you looking for in your mobo?

zyric83

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
As stated before, looking at using it primarily for gaming. Need to build up a new system in anticipation of Battle Field BC3 as my current system is about 3 years old.

Will be running a dual graphics card setup in SLI.

Was looking at the Extreme7 Gen3 for the fact it runs PCIe 3.0 and is x16 on both cards in a dual card setup

And sorry for the mistype on the original post, it was late at night when I posted and wasn't paying attention