How do these specs look? (First Build)

RyoKentou

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
SPECS:
Case: CM Storm Scout Mid Tower with 700 PSU
Motherboard: Foxconn Inferno Katana GTI LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
Processor: Intel i5 760 Quad Core
RAM: Wintec 4GB DDR3 1333 SDRAM
Primary HDD: 500 GB or 1TB SATA
Secondary HDD : 80 GB SATA
Video Card: Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD5770
Operating System: Windows7 64x Home Premium

I have a limited budget, i was unsure of getting an 13 530 or the i7 760 its for MMORPGS mostly

RyoKentou

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
what if i already have my Foxconn motherboard installed..should I just buy a new motherboard or are Foxconns that bad and I dont wanna have to buy new parts of something I havent used yet

JohnnyTHM

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
I honestly don't know much about Foxconn, but I'll say that I've been building my own gaming rigs for about 10 years now, and I trust names like Asus, EVGA, Antec, Thermaltake, Corsair, OCZ, and a few others. I've actually never made a machine without an Asus motherboard, and I've never had any issues really. Do your research on brands, compare prices and get some feedback from people who have purchased and are using the hardware you are considering buying. I use Newegg.com to do most of my buying and they have great customer comments on pretty much any product you would want to buy. For your first build make sure that all of your parts are compatible. Your motherboard needs to be able to support the CPU you want to use and the RAM speed and size you want you use as well. Another common mistake is underestimated the Power Supply you're going to need. Check to make sure than none of you components require a certain amount of wattage. Good luck.

RyoKentou

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
well I have a 600w power supply and I have researched all my parts I already have my case, my motherboard. I just need to get the processor, ram, video card and operating system oem

sp12

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Foxconn is a very cheap brand. Not only is their RMA a PITA, but they're not just cheap because they're off-brand -- they're cheap because the electrical componentry used is low-grade.