UT2004: 2 possible bugs ?

1) Occassionally when respawing in a level pressing fire to join
doesn't work. You have to switch to specatating then join team to
get in.

2) When trying to join if it happens as a map is changing it wont
load & you have to exit & restart.

Anyone else experienced these occurrences ?

Schism

I've never had either of those problems.

"Paul C." <Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote in message
> 1) Occassionally when respawing in a level pressing fire to join
> doesn't work. You have to switch to specatating then join team to
> get in.
>
> 2) When trying to join if it happens as a map is changing it wont
> load & you have to exit & restart.
>
> Anyone else experienced these occurrences ?

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:35:24 GMT, "Paul C."
<Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote:

>1) Occassionally when respawing in a level pressing fire to join
>doesn't work. You have to switch to specatating then join team to
>get in.
>
>2) When trying to join if it happens as a map is changing it wont
>load & you have to exit & restart.
>
>Anyone else experienced these occurrences ?

Not those two, but I have (twice) experienced the bug of respawning
into an existing game but it's like you're not in the game any more.
You can see other players but you cannot interact anymore. You can
move around the map but you can't shoot or even kill yourself.

I've seen this bug described on other forums, so I know it's not just
me.

I've had both experiences. The first is uncommon (for me). The second
seems to happen a lot.
--
Michael Dean
michael.dean@mindspring.com

"Paul C." <Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote in message
> 1) Occassionally when respawing in a level pressing fire to join
> doesn't work. You have to switch to specatating then join team to
> get in.
>
> 2) When trying to join if it happens as a map is changing it wont
> load & you have to exit & restart.
>
> Anyone else experienced these occurrences ?

ME

Folk wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:35:24 GMT, "Paul C."
> <Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote:
>
>>1) Occassionally when respawing in a level pressing fire to join
>>doesn't work. You have to switch to specatating then join team to
>>get in.
>>
>>2) When trying to join if it happens as a map is changing it wont
>>load & you have to exit & restart.
>>
>>Anyone else experienced these occurrences ?
>
> Not those two, but I have (twice) experienced the bug of respawning
> into an existing game but it's like you're not in the game any more.
> You can see other players but you cannot interact anymore. You can
> move around the map but you can't shoot or even kill yourself.
>
> I've seen this bug described on other forums, so I know it's not just
> me.

I've seen something like that happen on servers that I have extremely high
packetloss on.