Sign in with
Your question

Can't view files from old harddrive

Last response: in Storage
January 4, 2013 12:55:02 AM

So to start, I been trying to get lost files from my old harddrives. so I hooked one up to my external drive hooker up thingy and it said I had to format so I did. Then I used EaseUS\EaseUS Partition Recovery 5.6.1 to look up the delete files and found a bunch I wanted to save.

for pic my error is
"windows photo viewer cant open this pic because either photo viewer doesnt support this file format or you dont have the lastest updates to photo viewer"

for videos
"windows media player cannot play the file.the player might not support the file type or not not support the code that was used to compress the file."

for a rarfile:
"the arcive is either in unknown format or damaged"

These files are were from around 2005 on my winXP pc and I am using windows7 now. and I believe these were SS/vid from fraps, because the other pics I saved most of them open even tho a bunch have errors and parts of the img are missing.

Also could anyone tell me what the best free hdd recovery program is? one that doesn't limit file size? because? EaseUS doesn't let you recover files more then 1 gb.

thanks for your time.

More about : view files harddrive

a c 122 G Storage
January 4, 2013 3:43:03 AM

You can try Recuva which is a free download from http://www.piriform.com/recuva
What are the file formats that can't be read? For pics some examples of common formats are .gif, .jpg, .bmp, .png, .tiff, .jpeg, .psd (Photoshop) and so on. For video files some common ones are .avi, .mov. .mp4, .wmv, .mpeg and so on.
m
l
!