Please can someone help with my BSOD's problem :(

jilky

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Hey guys,

Recently built my new system, was running fine and stable for a week or so then suddenley a BSOD. They are now quite frequent and i have no idea whats causing them as i havent installed anything new recently. They can appear very randomly, and appear with either the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or SYSTEM.SERVICE.EXCEPTION which i dont know if any of you guys will recognise. I know for a fact that its not my video card as i have uninstalled it and the drivers so yeah.
Any help appreciated guys! (Oh and a side note: for any of you familiar with Asus's EPU (power saving technology), i've noticed that the BSOD's are significantly less frequent when the EPU is set to max power saving, any ideas why?)

Thanks

System Specs:

Asus M4A89GTD PRO
AMD Phenom II X4 965 stock
4GB Corsair XMS3 memory stock speeds
ATI 4890
Coolermaster GX 550 watts
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

aknagi

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
I wonder if Asus's EPU installs a kernal mode driver? I expect it does. I would uninstall that before doing anything else.

What causes BSODs? Some are caused by hardware, some by drivers, and the odd one is caused by kernel code itself.

First find out whether you have a hardware or software problem.

If your systems runs fine in Linux Mint or Windows Safe Mode, then chances are re-installation of windows may help. Before you reinstall check to see if an update to a driver coincided with the problems beginning (windows update history) to make sure you don't re-download the same update. I take it you have considered system restore?

Consider analysing the crash dump to get more info or ask some here to do it:
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/129348-please-help-me-debug-recurring-bluescreen/page__pid__831871. It may point you to the answer.

If its hardware then you start removing / swapping out hardware to narrow the problem down.