Need advise on used parts.

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
September 25, 2010 5:29:58 PM

Hi everyone,

Long time reader. While looking through my storage area, I remembered I have left over parts since my last upgrade on my present computer. I'm now working on building a new computer using these left over parts. while being no stranger to technology, I would just like some opinions as to weather I should continue use the old part or go to plan B, getting new and improved parts. My goal is to have a gaming computer which will last me several years and is also "upgradable". I have the following on hand:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 810 Quad-Core Processor
MOBO: ASUS M3N72-D AM2 Motherboard
GPU: BFG Geforce GTX 260

With the above parts I thinking just getting a new hard drive, power supply, dvd drive, and case. However, while doing my research I came across the ASUS M4N75TD bundled with AMD Phenom II X6 1055T. This looks to me like a bargain, can still use my GTX 260and I just might able to get another built in the future.

My problem at this time is trying to stay within a budget of $600.00, and to saving up enough in the future to improve on what I have. Any thought’s, suggestions, comments are much appreciated

Thanks!

More about : advise parts

September 26, 2010 3:52:51 AM

I would hit your 1st plan: luckily your chip is socket AM3 so come next year it could be used as a beach head/place holder on a spanking new AM3+ Scorpius platform ^^ A dependable 80+ PSU and a case that offers decent air flow is always a sound investment as well Perhaps an after market cooler and a HD6K before the end of the year?
m
l
!