Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Looking for a nice mouse

Last response: in Components
December 20, 2010 9:10:40 PM

I was looking at the Razer Mamba, I already own their Megaladon headset (love it) but some of the customer reviews seem iffy about it.
I mean 120$ is quite a lot for a mouse, but I would enjoy the wireless freedom.

Do you guys know any other mice that allow you to have great sensitivity wireless and/or wired because I don't know of another mouse that can do it with both settings.

More about : nice mouse

December 21, 2010 2:51:38 AM

there are a lot.

logitech has their g9x/m500 (or mx510 if you want cheap)
razer has some other mice too

cyborg r.a.t. is completely customizable to your liking though very pricey..

it also depends on how you hold your mouse. do you "palm" it or "claw" it with your fingers?
m
l

Best solution

December 21, 2010 5:43:57 AM

Logitechs G700 is both wired/wireless. the R.A.T. 9 is wireless with 2 batteries i believe. and as you said Razers Mamba. They're the only 3 wireless/gaming mouses i know of. Though buying a gaming wireless mouse its going to cost you.

Logitech/Razer both make good wired gaming mice that wont cost as much, of course without the freedom of wireless.

There are other companies that do as well. but logitech and razer seem to be the most popular(best?)
Related resources
December 21, 2010 1:44:10 PM

Personally I don't think a 1ms input lag will matter that much, everything has latency (from the monitor, and general latency from ping too) I would greatly enjoy the option to go wireless, and I was mostly made up on my choice of the Mamba.

Then I saw that R.A.T. 9, it not only looks amazing and is fully customizable but it just fits in with everything else I have so well.

It's price tag is high but I would be willing to spend that much on a mouse that is that amazing, but what is the difference between 7 & 9?

Also Newegg is out of stock on all of them, where else can I find it for ~130$ ?
m
l
December 21, 2010 2:01:45 PM

As far as i know the only real difference is 7 is wired and 9 is wireless. It doesn't seem like much but when you think about the tech needed to make a wireless mouse just as good as wired, it makes sense

If you dont NEED wireless though, get the 7 and save $$ (personally, i prefer the freedom of wireless :D  )

As for a store, im not from the US and hence wouldn't really know where to look. sorry
m
l
December 21, 2010 2:27:04 PM

Yep I see that is mostly the only difference, I saw that they made it more sturdy too which is always a plus.

Some people argue that while holding it, it feels cheap. Is that really true?

I can see some people pulling bad rep from what MadCatz does for off brand stuff.
m
l
December 21, 2010 2:28:18 PM

Logitech. MX. Revolution.

Had one for a year and it's been the best mouse I've ever used.
m
l
December 22, 2010 12:47:58 AM

I personally think that wired mice are best. I'm currently using the Razer Naga mouse, extremely good for MMO and FPS games, plenty of bindings for MMO and great sensitivity control.

The mouse isn't too big, clicks aren't too sensitive. Grip is good.

But at the end it depends on what you want ;) 
m
l
December 22, 2010 11:35:10 AM

nexus_nexion said:
I personally think that wired mice are best. I'm currently using the Razer Naga mouse, extremely good for MMO and FPS games, plenty of bindings for MMO and great sensitivity control.

The mouse isn't too big, clicks aren't too sensitive. Grip is good.

But at the end it depends on what you want ;) 

Understandable. It is a pain to have to recharge my MX Revolution every month and have it go out in a game unexpectedly. To each his own.
m
l
December 22, 2010 6:58:04 PM

Well I like the RAT 9, but it's out of stock everywhere. Is it even out yet?
m
l
December 22, 2010 10:26:32 PM

I just picked up a Logitech G9X on monday due to its sensitivity to see if it helps with my photoshopping and such as higher sensitivity should give better pixel precision. I got it on newegg for a discount and rebate which ended up costing after MIR about 25bucks...the mouses list price is 100$ so over a 70% off. I gotta say...G9X is an excellent mouse. I don't know if you want a mouse for gaming or for stuff like editing and CAD, but I think it will improve in both...Its got a 5700DPI with an actual laser, non of that optical LED light BS, it works on all surfaces. It also has adjustable weights, interchangable grips for size and texture, on the fly profile switching and macro making, click and hyper scroll and DPI adjustment. What else can you ask of?
m
l
December 24, 2010 7:21:47 AM

try RApoo Mouse...
Rapoo V8 Wireless Gaming Mouse - TVC
m
l
December 30, 2010 11:34:10 PM

Best answer selected by Sowexly.
m
l
!