xxlemonswagxx

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hello,

I have recently build my first computer and everything has turned out okay except for the hard drive. I originally had it hooked up to SATA 6gbps then switched it to 3gbps. When I load up the BIOS and click boot properties, it shows the device and the size, but it does not show up in boot priorities or Windows.

HDD-Western digital 2tb green

MoBo-Asus p8z77-v-Pro

xxlemonswagxx

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012

I'm not sure what you mean by which MoBo but its a Asus P8Z77-V-Pro. And to clarify the HDD its a Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB. I'm running a SSD with Windows then I was going to run just the HDD for games ect. i have it hooked up to the gray ports, the intel ones to be exact. I have tried to switch the ports from IDE and RAID, but then it recognized the HDD but my SSD would not load and the computer would go into Windows recovery

Scott_D_Bowen

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
The ASRock motherboard manual should cover installation of AHCI drivers for your SATA HDD, you may need to unplug the HDD to get into Windows and install the driver first by the sound of it.

Once the AHCI driver is there it'll probably start working fine.

xxlemonswagxx

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012

That's the thing, when in Windows it shows the HDD but I can't store anything into it. I can try when I get home to unplug it, but I already updated the drivers from Asus for the SATA ports