Sign in with
Your question

Ati 4850 overheating

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 14, 2010 6:01:53 PM

So I've had my 4850 for a long time, and it has always ran kind of hot, but not blazing. Before under loads I would reach about 75-80, which isnt too bad. Now fast forward a few years of not playing games, and I gave my computer to my friend a week ago. We were installing games for him, and the computer started shutting down. I looked at the temps in ati control center, gpu-z, and rivatuner, and they all claimed that the GPU was getting over 110C causing it to shut down immediately in the middle of games. I took the card out and air dusted it, and there was a bit of dust on it, but not too bad. Then cleaned out the case, and made sure there was plenty of airflow. The temperature came down some after that, but it still gets to 105C after only 30 minutes of playing graphic intense games. The fan speed on the card is at 100%, and I even underlcocked it by 50mhz on both the core and memory, but it still gets over 100C in no time at all. Any ideas on what we could do? I was thinking some new thermal paste, but not sure if that will work.

Thanks

More about : ati 4850 overheating

a c 235 U Graphics card
August 14, 2010 6:19:46 PM

re-seating the cooler with new thermal paste would be your best bet
m
l
!