Battlefield bad company 2 High graphics.. Help!

Dibakar1236

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Can i play Battlefield bad company 2 High graphics with 8xAA 8xAP ?
I am going to buy a gaming pc -
amd phenom ii 555 x2 be 3.1ghz
corsair 2gb ddr3 1333 mhz
xfx 5750 hd 1gb
msi 740g e25
monitor asus 19" (1600x900)
psu 450 watt
plz help. Thank in advance.

Solution
Yeah you are going to be playing more along the lines of High graphics with 1-2AA 1-2AF and HBAO off to keep 60 frames. The game is also CPU hungry because of physics. It puts a hurting on dual cores and actually gains FPS going to a quad all things else being equal. This is assuming you are running on vista or 7 at DX11.

It will still look good though. I had been playing on an 8800GTS for a while with High detail, 1AA, 1AF, HBAO off, VSYNC ON. That maintained 60 FPS at 1680x1050. However, that is on an OCed i7 920.

Yeah you are going to be playing more along the lines of High graphics with 1-2AA 1-2AF and HBAO off to keep 60 frames. The game is also CPU hungry because of physics. It puts a hurting on dual cores and actually gains FPS going to a quad all things else being equal. This is assuming you are running on vista or 7 at DX11.

It will still look good though. I had been playing on an 8800GTS for a while with High detail, 1AA, 1AF, HBAO off, VSYNC ON. That maintained 60 FPS at 1680x1050. However, that is on an OCed i7 920.

Solution
Are you building a new PC? If so I would change that motherboard to one of the ASUS unlocker boards. They have a switch that allows the Phenom x2's to unlock the other 2 cores. When they fad these chips they are actually quad cores with 2 disabled cores. The unlocker board unlocks them easily. Some other board allow you do do it in the BIOS. However, it is not guaranteed. My buddy has unlocked a few though in builds he has done.

I'd go for a better video card though.

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
for pretty much any gaming system it's pretty much best to divert most of your money to the gpu realm followed by cpu, for one your could get some cheaper ram, you didn't list which corsair but they are usually more expensive, i recently built a rig for a friend using some a-data ram, it's quite cheap and seems pretty good, that could free up some cash you which you could use to move up to a 5770

The newer boards are the 880G that have the physical unlock switch. They are around $100. You could always get the last gen board which is a 785G, but you need to unlock the cores through the BIOS. I think those boards are around $75 on Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131595. I believe the setting is Advanced Clock Calibration. You have to enable this. The only downside is you can not monitor the temps on an unlocked chip. Which is no big deal if you don't OC or OC much.

Just remember not ALL will be stable after they are unlocked as they do not test the chip with unlocked cores. SO every once and a while it won't be stable and you are just stuck with a great dual core. However, my buddy builds PC's and I recall him saying he has only ever once ran into this.

Dibakar1236

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

thank you .but link not working :O . Please tell of the product name.:)

TRENDING THREADS