Connecting parts

k0ffle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Ok, so everything is in place, etc. just need to connect stuff.

I've currently connected the psu to two different slots on the motherboard, one being a 24 pin slot, another being a 4 pin slot. I've also connected the case fans to slots on the motherboard. My question now is what do i do. What do i connect? a friend told me the gpu. Here's the back of my gpu:
mygpu.png

I have a couple connectors from my psu that are six-pin, they are labeled pci-e. However, only two of the six connections are square, as in the picture there should be three. Should i plug two into the back of this? i want to say yes, but better safe than sorry (short the gpu)

I also have a ssd, with nothing that goes into the back of it. i have yet to look into the back of normal hard drive, but here's the back of my ssd:
myssd.png

next i have to connect every other component to the mobo... or the psu... or both.. right? i'm a little lost...

Te PCI-E cables will work, if it fits it was designed to work we have international standards like this for a reason. Same with the hard drive cables. The small connector on the hard drive is for the SATA cable (which is either included witht he SSD or the motherboard) which connects to the motherboard, and the larger one is for the power connector.

This is what a SATA power connector looks like
sata15pin.jpg

And this is a SATA data cable (that connects to the motherboard:
SATA-Signal-Cable-1.jpg