Turned PC off for 9 hours, took longer for screen to turn on?

Does this sound about right? I rarely turn my PC off for long periods of time, but it's absolutely frigid in my house these days, and it was storming outside, so I unplugged everything.
Turned PC back on, and it toko 30-40 sec for it to actually show anything on the screen. I rebooted it after loading into windows, and the boot up process was instant. I assume this has to do with how cold the chips were?
4 answers Last reply
More about turned hours longer screen turn
  1. nope, silicon 'works' better at cold temperatures which is why we like to keep our chips etc cool,
    I think its more likely your system enjoyed its offtime and wanted a lie-in :P
    Moto
  2. Motopsychojdn said:
    nope, silicon 'works' better at cold temperatures which is why we like to keep our chips etc cool,
    I think its more likely your system enjoyed its offtime and wanted a lie-in :P
    Moto

As much appreciated as the humor is, I am a bit worrisome.
    How can I be sure nothing is wrong with the PC?
  3. Just run it I would say, if any problems persist it may be a sign that somethings truly wrong, but I do honestly think that it was a one-off,
    post back if you do still have worries after a few days :)
    Moto
  4. If you had been running it for awile and had some updates that needed to be restarted that can make it take longer to boot up???
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems