Solved

Is this a good first build

hi im building a computer for the first time
and i have been doing alot of research on computer so i know i can build it but would like feedback
and some suggestions on what i should build
here are the parts im getting, keep in mind i am on a budget 0f >500

-AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

-BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

i already have my antec 600 case (which i love btw :), and also have a antec 550w modulare psu

i plan on getting a gpu later but the built in one should do for now

any thoughts or suggestions i appreciate it guys

total cost with shipping, including case and psu 420$
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good build
  1. Don't forget the CD drive xD

A harddrive is also very important.
  2. i already have a dvd burner from my old computer the problem is its a ide drive but the motherboard has 1 ide port so it should work, i also have a hard drive but its also ide and because i only have one ide port i think its better to buy a sata dvd drive and keep my hdd because its cheaper
  3. Best answer
    I would drop down to the X4 955 over the X4 965 to save a little additional money (little or no performance difference). I'm not a fan of the motherboard but on a budget they are hard to beat.
  4. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  5. sorry i didnt knnow where to post it, thanks for moving it
    , so there is almost no diffrence between the 955 and 965?
  6. would it be better if i got a penom ii x6 2.8 to kinda future proof it?
  7. You need to put links to the parts man, theres like 10 kinds of G.SKILL ram for each one

Links make it a lot easier so we dont gotta find every single thing for specific details
  8. Best answer selected by masik7290.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Systems Product