USB from DOS for vaio?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
January 2, 2005 2:46:23 AM

Hello,

before trying - has any body tried to run the vaio PCG SR11K (the light
small one) with dos and connect to the US?.
Unfortunately we have some probs:
- CD drive was lost
- bluescreens appears - Harddisk was damaged

I did buy a new harddisk - but the bluescreens remain. The I did copy a
MSDOs on the harddisk- and yep it works- so at least I can work with WORD4
;-) but how to connect to the outer world?
If possible I would try to reinstall win2k or XP, but before the thing has
to proof that everthing is ok. I guess some memory or mainboard problems.
possibly dos is the only possibiliy to avoid bluescreen s...

any hints are highly appreciated...

G.fried

More about : usb dos vaio

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 2, 2005 2:46:24 AM

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 2, 2005 12:52:09 PM

"Cyclops" <david.hagar@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 2, 2005 5:11:07 PM

g.fried says...

> Hello,
>
> before trying - has any body tried to run the vaio PCG SR11K (the light
> small one) with dos and connect to the US?.
> Unfortunately we have some probs:
> - CD drive was lost
> - bluescreens appears - Harddisk was damaged
>

> I did buy a new harddisk - but the bluescreens remain. The I did copy a
> MSDOs on the harddisk- and yep it works- so at least I can work with WORD4
> ;-) but how to connect to the outer world?
> If possible I would try to reinstall win2k or XP, but before the thing has
> to proof that everthing is ok. I guess some memory or mainboard problems.
> possibly dos is the only possibiliy to avoid bluescreen s...
>
> any hints are highly appreciated...
>
> G.fried

You will need drivers at the very least. Googled this:
http://www.bootdisk.com/usb.htm. Never personally had the need tor try
it.
!