Monitor not showing anything...

Zatheyll

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I updated my Video Card driver and restarted the computer, when I restarted it, nothing showed on the screen, I made sure it was plugged in correctly, tested the monitor/cord on a diff computer (this one) worked fine. What's wrong? Was the driver corrupted? Can I take away the driver without having to replace the video card?

raiyus13

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Yes, you have it.

Do the following steps :

1) open the side panel of your chassis and plug out your card.

2) then plug the monitor's VGA/DVI cord into the onboard graphics.

resizee.jpg

3) then boot windows and clean all drivers.

4) plug your graphics card back and boot again.

5) install the stable driver back again.

Zatheyll

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010

Where can I find the onboard graphics card on a ASUSTek M3N78 Pro motherboard?

Do I have to keep the top off and the plug is inside the computer? or outside? (I removed my main Graphics Card)

Where it shows the inboard graphics card on your pic I don't have anything like that there.

Or, when I removed my PCIe card (which I have to use an adapter to have the white plug convert into the blue plug into the monitor). Next to the PCIe slot the other slot has a plug go directly from the one blue slot and plug directly into the motherboard, is that it? So does that mean it is already plugged in and I just had to remove my graphics card and then start it up?)

raiyus13

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
No, man no HDMI is required.

as you said you have a blue plug coming out from the monitor right?

so, you fix that plug in the blue socket on your graphics card. similarly you can find the same socket at the back of your PC coming out from your mother-board. Just plug it there.

Here see this image:

34986812.png