How to stop my emails going to another laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARK Carton

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
i accessed my emails on a second lap top now if you click on email on that laptop my emails come up and some of my emails are going to that laptop and not to me

How do i close down that lap top email

Solution
Irrelevant of the Email client that you are using. My suggestion is that just go the mail options or sync option in the Program that you're using to download your emails to. Go to a preferences/options/accounts tab there and just delete the email address specified there. After that you can delete the whole account in the program.
It would be nice to know what program you are using so we could give you a stepwise deletion of Mail accounts from the Program.
If you understand that an email client is like Outlook Express, MS Outlook, Bat, Thunderbird etc etc. These are the names of the programs that are used as email clients.
I think you need some help from someone that knows computers there with you before you delete half the files on the thing. Whatever you did to get emails on that laptop, do the opposite.

If you are using a web browser, you probably clicked off the save my user and password options. Clear all temp and passwords files in the web browser, that should do it.

I meant someone there to actually do this for you. We can't see what you are trying to click. Or what program you are using, or how you configured the email in the first place.

Irrelevant of the Email client that you are using. My suggestion is that just go the mail options or sync option in the Program that you're using to download your emails to. Go to a preferences/options/accounts tab there and just delete the email address specified there. After that you can delete the whole account in the program.
It would be nice to know what program you are using so we could give you a stepwise deletion of Mail accounts from the Program.
If you understand that an email client is like Outlook Express, MS Outlook, Bat, Thunderbird etc etc. These are the names of the programs that are used as email clients.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.