External hard drive not working:( help!

ctsang92

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I had just mess up my external hard drive my restoring everything in Computer Management.. and that my computer suddent froze after 30 mins... so i restart my computer again.. when i try to plug in my external hard drive again it wont show up so i go in to Computer Management it show up that it is unknow and not initialized.. so I try to initialize it by right click and clikc that option.. it said that The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error... can anyone help me?? Thank you

"I/O device error"

This is a hardware fault and the most likely reason is that the external drive or, more commonly, the PCB inside it's enclosure has failed. You might be able to fix the problem by extracting the drive and putting it into a third-party enclosure.

ctsang92

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

ya it is correctly plugged, i just can find the drive anymore, but just error disk....

wareasdf

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
1. Damaged PCB has the obvious burnt marks.
2. The HDD can't spin. You can't hear any noise or just hear a tick sound, which means the PCB is probably faulty.

Check the logic board. If it's the PCB is damaged, then you should swap the boards. http://www.datarecoveryunion.com/hard-drive-pcb-swap/