Pavilion 4430US went dead while bios upgrade, help!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
January 2, 2005 5:10:54 AM

I have HP Pavilion 4430US, and during upgrade the laptop went dead, did
not touch anything but sudden kaput!. Now the AC poweradapter is warm
but no lights of any sort on the laptop. Took the batteries out and
in, tried the reset button, but no signs of electricity at all with
either battery power or AC poweradapter.

Is there a fuse?, hope did not lose information on HD...
any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

gychang
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 2, 2005 12:02:41 PM

If you were flashing the BIOS and had an interruption of power the
thing you need to do is change the BIOS Chip.. Unfortunatley its a
surface mount chip and requires equiptment to change. We can help you
if you need..
www.ikenfixit.com
!