Gajju

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Hello,
I have a HP Media center PC(m7360in) with duel core processor. Motherboard of PC is not working properly so I want to replace it.Memory DDR2.HP is not interested to supply the part. Can any one advice that which MB I should replace.

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Solution

What are you looking to replace, just the motherboard? Are you planning to reuse the CPU and the DDR2 memory?

What you also need to consider is if the I/O Backplate on the chassis is replaceable. If it's not replaceable you will have to find the exact same motherboard or you will have to do some sheet-metal work modifications to your chassis so that you can use the I/O backplate that is included with the new motherboard.

Do you still require COM or LPT or PATA connectors?

Gajju

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011

Well friend - Now I Have decided to Upgrade my PC using same CPU & power supply.I have selected Intel-DG 41 TX Classic. Memory- DDR 3 SDRAM .This is a Micro ATX Board (9.6inch x 9.6inch).This board support Win.7 also and will fit in cabinate also. As I am not a technical person so I want to avoid all complaxity. Pl Advise me if it wouls be better as I will have to spend very little money for it.

There are known memory compatibility issues with the Intel BOXDG41TX so you should purchase DDR3 memory that is known to work with that motherboard.

Gajju

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011

-Yes & I would like to add 4 GB (2x2) of memory maximum supportrd by board. This will enable me to go for Win.7 or 8 (64bit) which is comming shortly.Thanks for advise.