Sign in with
Your question

PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP!!! WHAT GRAPHICS CARD WILL FIT!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 15, 2010 10:22:43 AM

Hello, I HAVE A DELL OPTIPLEX GX520 DESKTOP AND WAS WONDERING WHAT GRAPHICS CARD FITS? PLEASE HELP AS I HAVE BOUGHT TWO ALREADY! AND NO LUCK. I HAVE BEEN TOLD A LOW PROFILE PCI, IS THIS CORRECT AND ANY LINKS TO SITES THAT SELL THEM WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2010 10:54:08 AM

Unfortunately any decent gpu requires 350-400w minimum something your pc doesn't offer.
Yours has a 220w psu.
August 15, 2010 11:20:40 AM

unfortunately there is no PCI-E slot in your motherboard, and not much of PSU wattage.

Sorry, but you need to start a new build to get a decent graphics card. I don't know much about PCI cards, but i think the performance will get even worse than the onboard graphics you have.
Related resources
August 15, 2010 11:26:06 AM

chrisb84 said:
Hello, I HAVE A DELL OPTIPLEX GX520 DESKTOP AND WAS WONDERING WHAT GRAPHICS CARD FITS? PLEASE HELP AS I HAVE BOUGHT TWO ALREADY! AND NO LUCK. I HAVE BEEN TOLD A LOW PROFILE PCI, IS THIS CORRECT AND ANY LINKS TO SITES THAT SELL THEM WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

You seem to have a severe problem with the caps lock key on your computer, please fix that.

As to your problem, yes, you need a low profile PCI card for those computers, however, the power supply in them is not really up to par for an added video card of any worth, sorry to say.

You MIGHT be able to run a Nvidia 9400 GT, but as already stated, your PSU is actually too small to support it if going by the min requirements listed on Nvidia's site, but reading reviews it MIGHT be enough.

Another, but much older card, that MIGHT work is the Nvidia 6200, but again, according to specs, your power supply is not good enough.
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 15, 2010 11:27:01 AM

@OP, Turn your caps lock off! :non: 
!