Sound comes through headset, but can't talk

lonehunter23

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Hello everyone. I am trying to use my headset so I am able to talk through ventrilo. I am able to hear everyone talk, but they can't hear me at all. They say there is no sound at all.

I have checked all the volume settings I can find and everything is turned up all the way and un muted. As far as I know the vent settings are all correct, but I'm not too sure how they are supposed to be set to begin with.

I don't know if this will help, but when I try to use the sound recorder built into windows xp nothing is recorded, the line just stays flat.

I have tried another headset on this comp and it didn't work. I am getting really annoyed, please any help would be great.

lonehunter23

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
My headset isn't usb, I plug it into the pink and green ports on the front of my computer.

I have tried looking everywhere for some voice setting I might have missed and I can't find anything. Everything is turned up all the way. I went into some sound options menu and did a hardware test.

It had me read a paragraph and the scale was supposed to move as I talked, but it didn't move. Does that mean Windows isn't even recognizing my mic?