Is this graphics card ok?

gordon_81

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
hi guys i have a lenovo laptop with a celeron dual core cpu , its crap at games because of the onboard graphics, i was looking at this docking station that has a graphics card in it i was planning on getting that, is that a good idea? its got a gt330 1gb graphics card, im going to be using my pc to play games like cod mw2 and so on is that a good buy? thanks

A docking station with a built in graphics card? Could you link us? Not sure how that performs through the interconnect between the laptop and docking station, but under normal conditions a GT330 would play COD games just fine. COD is not really a demanding came so a Celeron may be ok since it uses the old COD4 engine. More modern games may struggle with your CPU.

gordon_81

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
sorry its not a gt330 its a gt220

GIGABYTE® M1305 Docking Station: Includes 6x USB 2.0 Ports, 1x RJ-45 Gigabit LAN Port, 1x VGA D-SUB Port - All On The Rear Panel
Features Embedded nVidia Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT220 GPU With 1GB VRAM, Supports 1x HDMI Port, 1x DVI Port
Note: nVidia GPU drives any attached External Displays. Notebook LCD Display uses internal Intel Graphics