Power Supply connecting help

Trioxin

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
So, I'm in the middle of building a pc and I'm a bit stumped with power supply.

It says to connect 24 pin cable to motherboard. So, does it matter which way I connect it?

Also, on the other end of that cable are 5 and 9 pin connectors. Do I connect them to PSU?

PSU is Corsair 750W AX and motherboard is X58A-UD3R.

There is only one way in which you can connect these connectors. That is the right way.

You would see a small latch on one side of the 24 pin connector, which fits into a small hook like thingy on the 24 pin socket of the motherboard. You just align that and you should be ok.

AFAIK, there are no odd numbered pin connectors in a PSU, do you mean 4 pin and 8 pin connectors?

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
The 10 and 18 pins connectors should be plugged into the power supply and each pin has a special socket shape and you can't plug them in a wrong way even if you try to!

Trioxin

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
Yup, did just that. One was above the other, so they fit nicely.

Also, I used 4+4 to connect that motherboard 12 V 8 pin slot, will that be ok?

Trioxin

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
I did try that one, but it was a hard with becuse or hole shapes, and it's really hard to reach (thanks noctua). So I managed to put that one.

I did manage to boot pc and enter bios.

Just so I don't create another topic. I also got a message, Disk Read Error. Insert system disk and press enter. But I presume beacuse it's new disk and there is nothing on it.

The error you mention is because of no boot loader i think. It should go away once an OS is installed or a bootable DVD/CD is inserted.
Check what is your first boot device in BIOS. I think it is set to DVD/CD.