manage computers

Hi Everyone.
I hope you can help me with my problem
I have a workgroup set up with 5 workstations using windos XP pro.
I tried to manage the other 4 computer from my workstation. After I select
the computer I want to manage I tried to open the Event Viewer folder, Share
folder, Local user and groups, performance log or services and everytime I
get the following popup message
Unable to connect to computer "PC1". The error was:
Access Denied.

I tried using the administrator account from the PC1 workstation and I still
get that message..

Is there other settings that I need to set before I can use this tool or
does this feature only works if the workstations are in a domain and not in
a workgroup.
Please help.

I can not come up with anything else.
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about manage computers

    Nino Chavez wrote:
    > Hi Everyone.
    > I hope you can help me with my problem
    > I have a workgroup set up with 5 workstations using windos XP pro.
    > I tried to manage the other 4 computer from my workstation. After I
    > select the computer I want to manage I tried to open the Event Viewer
    > folder, Share folder, Local user and groups, performance log or
    > services and everytime I get the following popup message
    > Unable to connect to computer "PC1". The error was:
    > Access Denied.
    >
    > I tried using the administrator account from the PC1 workstation and
    > I still get that message..
    >
    > Is there other settings that I need to set before I can use this tool
    > or does this feature only works if the workstations are in a domain
    > and not in a workgroup.
    > Please help.

    Not only double posting in some groups - but multiposting as well?

    Simple File Sharing off?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Configuration Computers Workstations Windows XP