Video Editing Build

ivoteforpedro

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I'm looking at building a new computer - primary purpose is video and photo editing and secondary using as HTPC. I don't play video games.

I currently use Adobe CS5 for video and photo editing. I have a Canon T1i and Canon HG20. I would like to edit my 1080 home video and burn to Blu-Ray. This is pure hobby for me.

I'm looking at an Asus M4A88TD-V with HD 4250 integrated graphics and 128MB side port memory with HDMI output. Since I don't play video games, do I need to purchase a separate video card with this MOBO?

There is another MOBO with HD4290, but no sideport memory? Am I better off with the 4290 or 4250 with sideport?

Frys had new 1075T AMD for $179 last week. I'm thinking about buying this CPU when it goes back on sale.

In my current build, I have an AMD X2 6000+ with Integrated 3300 MOBO. The video output looks great, but my current build bogs when rendering the video.

I already own most of the other components. Is there a better CPU & MOBO for my needs under $300?

ivoteforpedro

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I was planning on using my current build as my DVR in my living room. I wanted to build a new computer for rendering video. I was hoping someone could answer my original questions. Is there a better CPU & MOBO combo for under $300 for video editing (no gaming)? If I was to go with integrated graphics, am I better off with the HD 4290 or HD 4250 with sideport memory?