• Acer
  • Video
  • Netbooks
  • VGA
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 15, 2010 5:20:46 PM

Hello,
I have a "VGA to 3 RCA & S-video" connected to my VGA output. my netbook is not picking up at all when I do Fn F5.
Any help is deeply appreciated!
Thank You,

More about : acer picking vga rca

August 16, 2010 1:42:05 AM

What's Fn F5, and are you using the S-Video side or the yellow cable setup, also did you set the output resolution to 640x480?
m
l
August 16, 2010 5:34:50 AM

mister g said:
What's Fn F5

It's the combination of keys that you press to switch monitor outputs on some laptops.
m
l
Related resources
September 6, 2010 5:48:03 AM

mister g said:
What's Fn F5, and are you using the S-Video side or the yellow cable setup, also did you set the output resolution to 640x480?

Fn F5 is function and F5, i use these combinations to switch from the netbook view to the TV monitor. I am using both the yellow cable and the S-Video, the cable I'm using lookslike this http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://m2.sourcingm...
I can not set up any resolution because my netbook does not recognize my RCA HDTV
thanks,
m
l
September 6, 2010 12:58:31 PM

Well try connecting only the S-Video connecter, if that doesn't work try plugging in only the yellow cable, ignore the red and white since those transmit audio and VGA doesn't carry audio.
m
l
September 7, 2010 3:37:51 PM

Still not working.. my netbook only has a VGA.. this is why i have the converter from VGA to 3RCA and S-video. I have tried the red only, and the S-video only, but nothing is working.. My computer does not recognize the TV, usually when I hook up a regular LCD monitor to it, it works fine. As soon as I hit Fn F5 the picture shows up on the LCD monitor, but when I hit Fn F5 while the TV is hooked up, nothing happens because the netbook is not picking it up! do you think I need a graphic card or something like that? but if my netbook works fine with a regular LCD monitor it should just work fine with th HDTV no?
m
l
September 7, 2010 3:39:38 PM

the yellow* (not red)
m
l
September 7, 2010 7:20:29 PM

What model is your netbook? Did it come with instructions to connect a TV? Does the converter have one? I've sen some converters that convert VGA to Component cabling.
m
l
November 3, 2010 10:59:58 AM

These adaptor cables only work with laptops which specifically support them, they don't convert the signal, they rely on the laptop having the hardware to detect the adaptor and convert the signal from VGA to RCA, VERY FEW laptops have this function.

You need a full converter, a box which actually converts the VGA signal to RCA. You can get them from ebay for about £25.
m
l