Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$900 Gaming Comp

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
September 26, 2010 8:33:41 PM

So I already have a build, I just need someone to look over it and make sure everything's compatible.
I'm open to any suggestions that will help performance or save some money, as long as it play Starcraft 2

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EVGA 01G-P3-1373-AR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked EE 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SONY Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm Ceramic CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified ...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

More about : 900 gaming comp

September 26, 2010 9:45:38 PM

looks good to me, except the cooler. If you aren't overclocking, you don't need it. If you are, get the 955 instead and her a Kingwin XT-1264 or a Coolermaster Hyper 212+
m
0
l

Best solution

September 27, 2010 1:32:09 AM

yelledat2ofen said:
EVGA 01G-P3-1373-AR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked EE 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This card is really expensive for a GTX 460. You can get much more powerful GTX 470 for only $2 more if you act fast:

GIGABYTE GV-N470D5-13I-B GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
$252 with promo code VGAGIG47038
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or

Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB w/Custom cooling solution
$200 after a $20 rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

yelledat2ofen said:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This RAM kit isn't a great value:

Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 CL7 Desktop Memory (Top shelf brand, lower latency & cheaper)
$85
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

yelledat2ofen said:
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm Ceramic CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Follow ScrewySqrl's advice and go with a better cooler. This one isn't that much better than the stock cooler.

Cooler Master Hyper 212+
$29
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RR-B10-212P-G1-Univ...

yelledat2ofen said:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Good price, but this is an older motherboard that doesn't have USB 3.0 or SATA III.

MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
$82 after a $20 rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The Phenom II X4 955 is a much better deal if you are going to overclock. They both have unlocked multipliers so all you're paying for with the 965 is a slightly higher stock clock speed. The 965s are supposed to be binned slightly better, but I don't really believe that many of them are.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor 3.2GHZ AM3 8MB Cache 125W Retail Box
$140
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

w/LG Black 22X DVD Writer Black SATA OEM
$147
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

w/OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 CL7 Desktop Memory
$195 after a $20 rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
Share
October 4, 2010 10:53:16 AM

Best answer selected by yelledat2ofen.
m
0
l
!