How do you disable cheats?

Hey All,

Okay, I know this sounds insane, but does anyone know how to
disable cheats in single-player UT2004? I know it's possible in
online play, but I'd like to make a level playing field for my friend
and I and want to remove the slightest possibility of cheating. Is
there perhaps a replacable executable that might have this "feature"?

Thanks,

lloydgm

On 26 Apr 2004 16:35:42 -0700, lloydgm@rocketmail.com (Greg Lloyd)
wrote:

>Hey All,
>
> Okay, I know this sounds insane, but does anyone know how to
>disable cheats in single-player UT2004? I know it's possible in
>online play, but I'd like to make a level playing field for my friend
>and I and want to remove the slightest possibility of cheating. Is
>there perhaps a replacable executable that might have this "feature"?
>
>Thanks,
>
>lloydgm

Get a friend you can trust?

> Get a friend you can trust?

Alas, this is not an option.

I basically just want to turn off God Mode and the All Weapons cheats.

Any ideas?

Greg Lloyd left a note on my windscreen which said:

> Okay, I know this sounds insane, but does anyone know how to
> disable cheats in single-player UT2004? I know it's possible in
> online play, but I'd like to make a level playing field for my friend
> and I and want to remove the slightest possibility of cheating. Is
> there perhaps a replacable executable that might have this "feature"?

If you're playing with each other then surely you would be running a
multiplayer game - cheating won't be possible unless it's enabled on the
server I would imagine.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

We're each playing the single player game one after the other. I
would like to just disable the cheats in the single-player game.
*shrug*

On 27 Apr 2004 14:03:05 -0700, Greg Lloyd wrote:

> We're each playing the single player game one after the other. I
> would like to just disable the cheats in the single-player game.

Well, if you're in control of the game, as is common with most (if not
all) single player games, then why not simply not enter the cheat codes?

> *shrug*

Ditto.

--
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:19:18 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 27 Apr 2004 14:03:05 -0700, Greg Lloyd wrote:
>
>> We're each playing the single player game one after the other. I
>> would like to just disable the cheats in the single-player game.
>
>Well, if you're in control of the game, as is common with most (if not
>all) single player games, then why not simply not enter the cheat codes?

Now there you go again making logical sense. Stop that!

--
Everything I believe could be wrong.

Greg Lloyd left a note on my windscreen which said:

> We're each playing the single player game one after the other. I
> would like to just disable the cheats in the single-player game.
> *shrug*

Just play the game however you want - and let your friend do the same.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

Meltdown

Mr K enlightened us with:
> Note: The above phrase has more meaning if it's said while you're weilding
> a baseball bat and have a derranged look in your eye.

Especially when you only have one eye...

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.