I have been searching the web for this and I just can't figure it out. I just installed Windows 8 on my computer and want to merge the HP recovery partition because I have a set of recovery disks I can use instead.
How do I do this? I went to "Disk Management" and am unable to "expand volume" from the C drive to the D drive.
Thanks and if you need more info just let me know.
Windows built-in Disk Management can only extend C drive into an unallocated space,so, you have to delete D drive into an unallocated space or use third party software to merge your D drive to your C drive, Like AOMEI Partition Assistant, etc.
Here are my ways for you to emerge your partitions:
1. Back up your important data well in case of any data loss in the following operation.
2. Right click “My Computer” to select “Manage”
3. Double click “Disk Management”.
4. Right click the volume that you wan to delete and hit “Delete Volume”.
5. Right click the volume that you want to expand and select “Extend Volume”. Afterwards, your computer will automatically emerge them for you.